- Chartered Engineers With 26+ Years of Experience
- Serving All County Dublin Areas
- Catering To Commercial & Residential Clients
- Many New Clients Come From Referrals
- Friendly and Straight Talking Approach
- Members of Engineers Ireland and FEANI
PKT Consulting Engineers Ltd have the relevant certification & experience to act as Project Supervisor Design Process (PSDP) comply with Safety Health and Welfare at Work (Construction) Regulations 2013. Under current legislation the project supervisor design process must be appointed by the client before design work commences. In all cases the person or company undertaking the role must have the necessary competence to carry out the relevant duties. This is to ensure effectiveness in addressing and co-ordinating safety and health matters from the very early stages of a project.
What are the duties of the Project Supervisor for the Design Process (PSDP)?
The duty of the project supervisor for the design process is to ensure co-ordination of the work of designers throughout the project. The PSDP must:
- Identify hazards arising from the design or from the technical, organisational, planning or time related aspects of the project;
- Where possible, eliminate the hazards or reduce the risks;
- Communicate necessary control measure, design assumptions or remaining risks to the PSCS so they can be dealt with in the safety and health plan;
- Ensure that the work of designers is coordinated to ensure safety;
- Organise co-operation between designers;
- Prepare a written safety and health plan for any project where construction will take more than 500 person days or 30 working days or there is a particular risk and deliver it to the client prior to tender;
- Prepare a safety file for the completed structure and give it to the client;
- Notify the Authority and the client of non-compliance with any written directions issued.