- Chartered Engineers With 30+ Years of Experience
- Serving All County Dublin Areas
- Catering To Commercial & Residential Clients
- Many New Clients Come From Referrals
- Friendly and Straight Talking Approach
- Members of Engineers Ireland and FEANI
I have used PKT on a number of occasions for site surveys, drawings, engineering reports, fire certs and general advice. I have always found them professional, competent, resourceful and extremely helpful in all the dealings I've had with the company. I still use PKT services on various projects and would recommend them highly.”
Donncha Lynch, NRS Ltd.
For new and existing developments, our structural engineers provide complete services in Civil Engineering and Structural Engineering from initial concept to project handover:
- 1. Structural Design for all building elements
- 2. Design/piling - Basement design
- 3. Temporary Works Design
- 4. Site Services & Ground Investigations to assess the suitability of soils for foundations
- 5. Feasibility of Site Development Options
- 6. Negotiations with Local Authorities – Drainage Department, etc
- 7. Alternative structural design & solutions
- 8. Review of Applications from prospective Tenders,
- 9. Construction Site Supervision and Quality Control with Regular Inspections
- 10. Health & Safety Planning & and relevant Health & Safety Documentation
- 11. Foul & Surface Water Drainage
- 12. Surface water attenuation
- 12. Percolation tests & soakaway design
- 13. Reviewing Engineering desings
- 14. Final Certification
For each option we examine the range of feasible solutions before advising on the most appropriate cost effective structural engineering solution. We work closely with the Client’s Architects / Surveyors/ Building Contractors to ensure that the most cost effective design is prepared for the Client.
We can provide detailed plans, scope of works and specifications for repair works for problems such as Fire, Flood, Subsidence or Pyrite Heave. We also carry out interim inspections to ensure the works are completed in line with specification by the contractor.
Structural Surveys & Reports
A Structural survey gives the buyer an independent assessment of the overall condition of the building and identifies defects that may need repair or ongoing maintenance. Structural surveys provive the information needed to informed decision as most buildings have some defects.
Structural reports are required when an individual encounters structural problems with their property. The issues may range from structural cracks, Subsidence, Pyrite, fire and flood damage or other building defects. The building inspection focuses on the investigation of structural defects and reporting to the client on what repair works are required. Our experienced structural engineers can produce a detailed structural report outlining the issues, solutions and aproximate costings of the building repairs. Below you can see a common list of defects for which we are regularly asked to create a structural report on:
- Pyrite heave
- Structural cracking to interior and external structure.
- Fire and storm Damage
- Flood damage
- Accident damage
- Roof leakage
- Water ingress
- Damage due to leaking drains
- Drainage issues
- Condensation problems